Sunday 29 January 2012

Redmire Pool phone wars day!

Well, today was the annual phone wars day on the Redmire Pool forum. Every year many hopeful anglers commence ringing the single landline booking number in the hope of securing some time at the hallowed pool. The phone line opens at 10am sharp and keeps going until all of the places are filled. Two stalwart gents, Les and Nick, fuelled by Broome Farm's finest, take it in turns answering the phone and recording the bookings for the lucky few who manage to get through.
Alas, this year was not to be my year. I tried for 5 hours but the sound of the engaged tone was as close as I got. Never mind. There is always next year.

Congratulations to all those who got to speak to Les or Nick, I hope you have an amazing experience at the Mire!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't make it fella. I was one of the lucky ones.If one of my party pulls out , I will keep you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed a gentleman Gurn, thank you. I hope that your party can make it though and you have a grand time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is no secret that I am now bidding for the first week of the season at Redmire. I am currently the highest bidder but I really don't think that my pockets are deep enough to go all the way. You have to be in it to win though, as they say. Will keep everything crossed.

    ReplyDelete