Friday 6 January 2012

Winter

Winter months can be very frustrating, rivers in flood, high winds and bitter cold can transform a once idyllic setting into a very harsh environment. Winter is certainly a time for the most intrepid of anglers. I have missed my last three attempts at visiting local waters; twice due to the weather but most recently due to my car deciding it would rather stay on the driveway.
I have now turned my attentions to some projects that have been shelved for far too long. I have a lovely little 7ft split cane spinning rod and an old wood and brass centrepin; both in need of refurbishment. I am also very keen to try my hand at making some new floats. I am going to stand in line with the model plane chappies at my local store and pick up some balsa wood at the weekend.
I will keep you posted with my progress.
Good luck to any of you lucky enough to be out on the bankside this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the cane project Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom,
    I have learned a lot from threads on the Traditional Fisherman's forum (see link at bottom of page) and I hope to put it into practice. Gurn did a cracking job of his cane rod, I hope I can do so well.

    ReplyDelete